Looking for something?

4/1/09

Illustration Friday: Poise



You may recall that I already did a piece called "Poise" as an ironic response to the IF: Wise. So I had to one-up it, obviously.

If this drawing seems pretty ridiculous, then it's working. (I mean, could you expect any more from this lady?) I think the idea of poise as it relates to femininity, girls' finishing schools and whatnot is rather absurd anyway. And so is fashion from Europe in the mid 18th century (though super fun to draw!). Though the willingness of some women to make themselves extremely, often dangerously uncomfortable in the name of fashion hasn't really decreased - it's just no longer mandated.




Read more: http://www.blogdoctor.me/2007/02/expandable-post-summaries.html#ixzz1Ygp5vxLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment