Looking for something?

1/21/09

President Obama

I know I haven't written anything for a while...

I just watched Obama's inauguration speech. It was pretty fantastic. I'm glad he finally made it a point to mention that the economy can't keep rewarding the greedy and wealthy when this nation was founded by the sweat and labor of the poor. No one ever mentions that fact.

"Our journey has never been one of short-cuts or settling for less. It has not been the path for the faint-hearted - for those who prefer leisure over work, or seek only the pleasures of riches and fame. Rather, it has been the risk-takers, the doers, the makers of things - some celebrated but more often men and women obscure in their labour, who have carried us up the long, rugged path towards prosperity and freedom.

For us, they packed up their few worldly possessions and travelled across oceans in search of a new life.

For us, they toiled in sweatshops and settled the West; endured the lash of the whip and ploughed the hard earth..."



I'm glad to hear him mention that we are a mixture of religious and non-religious people and that our compiled heritage is a unique gift. I'm pleased to hear him promise to turn our efforts towards suffering, poor nations. And that to acknowledge our privilege and the price at which it comes in regards to other countries and our impact on the environment.

I'm also in awe of how many people stood out in the cold all morning for this.

Most of all- I'M SO EXCITED THAT GEORGE W. BUSH ISN'T PRESIDENT ANYMORE!!!
I was sure that he would elect himself President-for-Life and eventually kill us all.

So, Obama: Day 1...let's see what you can do. The whole world's watching, and things can only improve.
Read more: http://www.blogdoctor.me/2007/02/expandable-post-summaries.html#ixzz1Ygp5vxLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment