Looking for something?

1/13/09

Illustration Friday: Contained

This is another one that's been sitting in my sketchbook for a while. Also, I've been thinking a lot about the song "Jet Ski" by Bikini Kill this week. ("Ain't got no candy for you!) This one is watercolor.

And while working on this, I got another, equally good but totally different idea:

She put all of her words, her thoughts, her dreams in a jar...hoping to one day let them out...

This one is (obviously) colored pencil, which I haven't done in a while. Watercolor just tends to be so much faster & easier, especially when covering large grounds. But I love the feeling of just drawingdrawingdrawing. If I have time to finish I might do a third. I still have ideas, which I do eventually, regardless of time as it relates to I.F.



Read more: http://www.blogdoctor.me/2007/02/expandable-post-summaries.html#ixzz1Ygp5vxLJ

2 comments:

  1. I love them both... the first is quite funny, and the second, while also funny visually, is kind of thoughtful as well. Nicely rendered on both accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! I love the face in the second one, but the body contortions in the first are pretty amazing! Great work!

    ReplyDelete